Retiree Health Coverage On the Decline
Longer Work Life Predicted
Unfortunately for some however, especially for those employees who started their work lives in the past 10 years, health coverage in retirement provided by an employer will be a very rare thing. This is partially as a result of the gradual move away from the general provision of health care for retirees and also the reality that, with a mobile work force, employment for life is no longer the reality.
So for those who have retired, enjoy the coverage that you have, however it is provided; and for those who are still working perhaps you need to get used to the idea that you will be working until you can get Medicare, unless you are one of the lucky few.
TheStreet.com Ratings issues financial strength ratings on each of the nation's 8,600 banks and savings and loans which are available at no charge on the Banks & Thrifts Screener. In addition, the Financial Strength Ratings for 4,000 life, health, annuity, and property/casualty insurers are available on the Insurers & HMOs Screener.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV