Is $20 Baby Shampoo Worth It?
But is the hype behind these names really worth the higher cost?
Some dermatologists say yes.
"If you can avoid something that is potentially harmful such as a product with chemicals like paraben or synthetic fragrances, then why wouldn't you," says Jennifer Levine, a New York City-based dermatologist.
"Babies' skin is so much more sensitive than adults, and children are more prone to rashes, so these high-priced products aren't necessarily about being luxurious with your child, but more about being healthier."But she says that the jury is still out on whether drugstore brands will cause children health or skin issues -- and adds that if you can't afford to splurge on the pricier names, you shouldn't feel guilty about sticking to the basics. Many of the costly lines on the market are created by mothers who were on the hunt for high-quality products for their own children. Here are four options: Love Me Baby Me Launched in 2007 by Rosemary Anthony, a mom in California who was frustrated by the lack of skin products for her two kids sensitive skin, this five product line is paraben-free, gluten-free, hypoallergenic and is made without synthetic fragrances, chemicals or preservatives. The products such as the Smoothy Shampoo and the Butt Balm are made with organic ingredients such as sunflower seed oil. Prices start at $19.95 Noodle & Boo Christine Burger, a mom who wanted to find products which would suit her children's skin, created this line which has expanded to add creams and other goodies which pamper women.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV