Small-Cap Winners & Losers: Bluegreen
Small-cap stocks were trading higher alongside the broader markets early Tuesday.The Russell 2000 was adding 1.2% to 706.25 while the S&P SmallCap 600 was gaining 1.1% at 369.27.
Making a significant jump was Bluegreen (BXG), it saw gains of 90.2% to $12.25 in early trading Tuesday. The Boca Raton, Fla.-based resort and residential community firm reached an agreement to be bought by Diamond Resorts International in a $500 million deal. Diamond is a Las Vegas, Nev.-based vacation ownership company.
Losing Tuesday was US Concrete (RMIX), down 14.5% to $4.77. The Houston, Texas-based producer of ready-mixed concrete cut its second quarter earnings view from 10 to 16 cents a share to 8 to 9 cents a share. RMIX attributed this downfall to slowing sales.
Tacking on major gains Tuesday was UAL (UAUA) rising nearly 50% to $7.48. The Chicago, Ill.-based air transportation services company announced that it is extending its credit card agreements with Chase Bank USA. This action will generate a $600 million payment and increase UAL's cash position by approximately $1.2 billion.Mindspeed Technologies (MSPDD) was seeing positive trading action, gaining 21.25% to $3.88. The Newport Beach, Calif-based technology firm, which specializes in the development of semiconductor solutions, was upgraded to outperform from perform by Oppenheimer. Suffering losses early Tuesday was Photronics (PLAB), trending down 18.1% to $5.09. The Brookfield, Conn.-based manufacturer of photomasks for the semiconductor industry announced its chief executive officer, Michael Luttati, has resigned from his position. Adding to this, Stifel Nicolaus downgraded the stock to hold from buy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV