MOST READ: 3 Stocks That Will Double by '09
Updated from 10:16 a.m. EDT
When a stock has these characteristics:
- analyst expectations going up
- lots of cash and no debt
- low P/E ratios
- solid revenue and earnings growth
- the winds of demographics at its back
I spoke to a friend of mine who is a young trader at a multibillion-dollar mutual fund family. "When we get redemptions," he said, "we have to sell everything we can. We need to raise cash that day."
So it isn't about price, and it isn't about dividends, P/E ratios, growth -- if it moves, kill it. Consequently, some very good stocks have been cut in half or more.Well, the market has gotten too cheap, the mutual fund redemptions will stop, and these solid companies will recover their ground lost and then some. Also, what I like about these stocks is that they are not as widely followed as a Dell (DELL), Fannie Mae (FNM), Sohu.com (SOHU) or Solarfun (SOLF). Baidu (BIDU) might be a great company, for instance, but everyone knows every little nuance of the stock. Apple (AAPL), as another example, will probably go up because of this 3G iPhone, but every hedge fund in the world is already gaming it. It's time to find the stocks that are a little under the radar but are solid doubles over the next six months. For the rest of the story, and to find out which three stocks I think will double by year-end, please click here.
Every weekend I send an email to Jim Cramer and several hedge fund managers about the most interesting portfolios posted on Stockpickr that week. Usually those portfolios not only list stocks according to a theme but also offer significant analysis as to why the stocks are cheap. Here are some examples:
- Stocks related to drilling the Marcellus Shale
- MLPS with yields above 7%
- Microcaps trading for less than tangible book
- Stocks that do well after Hurricanes
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV