Friday's Asia ADR Recap
Stocks in India soared for the second day in a row Friday, as short sellers raced to cover positions, after crude oil prices continued to slide lower and inflation data came in lighter-than-expected. The government released data on Thursday night that showed the annual rate of inflation for the week ending on July 5 was 11.91%, vs. 11.89% from the week earlier. The market cheered the results considering that many analysts were expecting an inflation reading of 12%.
Shares in mainland China rose sharply Friday spurred by rumors the government will introduce bullish stock market initiatives over the weekend as the August Beijing Olympic Games near. Stocks in Hong Kong also advanced following an extremely volatile trading session. Far East traders attributed the wild volatility to news of disappointing U.S.-based technology earnings from Google (GOOG) and Microsoft (MSFT), coupled with the mainland rumors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV