Small-Cap Winners & Losers: Verasun Energy
Small-cap stocks were experiencing mixed trading alongside the broader markets early Friday. The Russell 2000 was falling .05% to 696.31 while the S&P SmallCap 600 was gaining .13%, at 365.02.
Overstock.com (OSTK) was taking a beating in early trading action Friday, lowering 28.8% to $19.70. The Salt Lake City, Utah-based online discount retailer reported losses for the second quarter of $6.5 million, or 28 cents per share. This was a vast improvement year-over-year which Overstock reported losses of $13.8 million, or 58 cents a share.
One lighter than normal volume, Cubic (CUB) was edging 6.6% higher to $25.86 in today's market action. The San Diego, Calif.-based manufacturer of defense electronics and transportation fare collection systems was upgraded by BB&T Capital markets to buy from hold.Announcing it has priced a public offering of approximately 11.2 million shares of its common stock, Microvision (MVIS) was dropping 20.67% to $2.38 Friday. The Redmond, Wash.-based technology company specializes in developing miniature display and imaging engines. SemGroup Energy (SGLP) fell 20.1% to $2.21 early Friday. The Tulsa, Okla.-based provider of storage, gathering and transportation services for crude oil producers announced today it is having liquidity issues. SemGroup said it is considering filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV