Thursday's Asia ADR Recap
Stocks in mainland China fell slightly lower Thursday, after government data showed that inflation eased from recent highs but the economy grew at its slowest rate since 2005. China's National Bureau of Statistics said gross domestic product grew 10.1% during the second-quarter vs. 10.6% in the first-quarter and inflation cooled to 7.1% in June vs. 7.7% in May and 8.5% in April.
Stocks from China making moves and news in the U.S. include Baidu.com (BIDU), New Oriental Education & Technology Group (EDU), Canadian Solar (CSIQ), China Petroleum and Chemical (SNP), Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical (SHI) and PetroChina (PTR).
Be sure, also, to check out the Far East Portfolio at Stockpickr.com every night.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV