Small-Cap Winners & Losers: Catalyst Semiconductor
Shares of Polycom (PLCM) dropped by 15% to $20.75 after the company reported second-quarter earnings below analysts' expectations.
The Pleasanton, Calif.- based company for the second-quarter earned $17.8 million, or 20 cents a share vs. $10.1 million, or 11 cents a share, earned last year. Stripping out one-time items, the company earned $30.7 million, or 35 cents a share, missing analysts' forecasts by a penny. The earnings release was followed by a downgrade in rating to hold by Scott Sutherland, Securities Analyst from Wedbush Morgan.
Shares of Misonix (MSON) rose by 22% to $3.16 after receiving FDA approval of Second Sonatherm Soft Tissue Ablation System. The medical equipment firm will now be allowed to market its Sonatherm in the United States to ablate certain soft tissue lesions in general surgery.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV