Get on Google's Good Side With SEO
One of the questions I hear most often these days goes something like, "How the heck am I supposed to keep my small business going in this economy? I don't have a lot of money for advertising."
A valid lament for sure.
Unlike big businesses that are doing well (think Exxon Mobil (XOM)) or even big companies that are not (airlines, Starbucks (SBUX), etc.) one of the first things to be cut when tough times hit small businesses is the advertising and marketing budget.
The good news is that there is in fact a great way to market your business that is not expensive and is very effective. However, it is quite time-consuming.It's called search engine optimization. SEO gets you noticed, is practically free marketing and increases sales. SEO is the magic bullet. Oh, I can hear your collective cries now: "Come on Steve, it's too hard; it doesn't work; it's for businesses far bigger than mine; I don't know how to do it, I don't have time to learn it." I say, remember the immortal words of Paul Harvey: "In times like these it is good to know there have always been times like these." The point is, good times and bad times are part of this gig; you signed up for them when you decided to go into business for yourself. And if that is true, then it is also true that in times like these, hearty entrepreneurs learn new skills. That is both the joy and sorrow of self employment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV