Top Stocks for Hurricane Season
Home Depot (HD): I was hesitant to add this stock to the portfolio, but it tends to get a psychological pop as investors see people scramble to buy gear and supplies at their local Home Depot. This is the least levered to actual needle-moving revenue upside from a storm, simply because of the law of large numbers -- HD posted $77.2 billion in sales in their last fiscal year. But it still may be good for a point or two on investor psychology.Come back tomorrow for the next installment regarding where I think the big money in the hurricane trade is made: the offshore segment.
Please note that due to factors including low market capitalization and/or insufficient public float, we consider Fleetwood Enterprises, Cavco Industries and Champion Enterprises to be small-cap stocks. You should be aware that such stocks are subject to more risk than stocks of larger companies, including greater volatility, lower liquidity and less publicly available information, and that postings such as this one can have an effect on their stock prices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV