Small-Cap Winners & Losers: Edge Petroleum
Small-cap stocks were experiencing losses alongside the broader market as bears punished the markets Tuesday. The Russell 2000 was falling .35% at 662.15 and the S&P SmallCap 600 was losing .41% to 347.79.
Edge Petroleum (EPEX) was seeing massive gains of 20.9% to $5.67 in early Tuesday trading action. The Houston, Texas-based oil and natural gas explorer was named in a buy-out which involves privately owned Chaparral, an independent oil and natural gas company. Chaparral said it will be an all-stock deal which will take their firm public.
Obtaining upgrades today, CSG Systems International (CSGS) shifted 11.1% higher to $14.18. Based out of Englewood, Colo., CSG specializes in providing outsourced solutions to cable and satellite communication markets. CSG Systems was upgraded to buy from hold by Citigroup and Brean Murray. Late Monday, CSG announced winning a four year contract extension with Comcast (CMCSA).
AirTran Holdings (AAI) was experiencing sizable gains in early trading Tuesday rising 8.7% to $1.50. The Orlando, Fla.-based airliner announced their earnings call, scheduled for Tuesday, July 29 at 10:00 a.m. EST. AirTran also announced a real-time webcast of second quarter earnings on Tuesday, July 29 at 10:00 a.m. EST. It can be located at Investor.airtran.com.In a house of pain Tuesday Ramtron International (RMTR) was seeing a downward trend of 18.8% to $3.10. The Colorado Springs, Colo.-based producer of semiconductor solutions announced a potential charge related to a manufacturing defect after the close Monday. RMTR said that one of their customers requested payment for losses stemming from in-field failures of one of Ramtron's products. RMTR is reporting second quarter earnings after the market close, July 24.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV