Finding Best Online Auto Insurance Deals
Shopping for car insurance is all about finding a financially sound company that offers a good price with good customer service. Thanks to more and more Web sites where comparative pricing is available, shopping for the best price is getting easier.
Combine your findings on those sites with new findings released yesterday by J.D. Power and Associates 2008 Insurance New Buyer Study plus TheStreet.com Financial Strength Ratings and you have all three pieces of the puzzle: price, customer satisfaction, and financial strength.
In its 2008 survey, J.D. Power and Associates determined overall customer satisfaction of auto insurance buyers by measuring insurers' distribution channel, price, and policy offerings. It received survey responses from 8,452 customers who had requested an auto insurance quote in the past 12 months.
It ranked insurers on a 1,000-point scale, and Erie Insurance scored the highest with a score of 896 points. The Hartford (HIG) and State Farm both followed closely with 894 and 893 points, respectively. USAA, an insurer open only to the military and their families, scored 922 but was not included in the rankings because of its exclusivity. The study ranked 18 insurers with the industry average at 867.Coupling the customer satisfaction score from the J.D. Power study with the insurance company's TheStreet.com Financial Strength Rating gives you a powerful head start in your shopping journey. You now have a short list of insurers in hand from which you can narrow down based on the pricing research you do.
|Click here for larger image.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV