Top Health Care Short-Squeeze Plays
Updated from 8:31 a.m. EDT
Many health care stocks have been pummeled during the last few months. With such deep drops in prices, short-squeeze opportunities abound.
A short squeeze takes place when a stock's short-sellers cover their positions quickly when good news boosts the price of the stock. This short-covering often drives the stock price even higher. The metric for measuring short-squeeze plays is the short ratio, which represents the number of days it would take a stock's short-sellers to cover their position based on the stock's recent average daily volume.
Stockpickr has compiled a list of health care stocks with the highest short ratios, most of which have P/E ratios of less than 26 and PEG ratios of less than 1.8. They all have market caps of more than $500 million. The portfolio includes Quest Diagnostics (DGX) and Align Technology (ALGN).To read more, and for the rest of the health care short-squeeze plays, please click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV