Friday's Asia ADR Recap
Stocks in India were driven sharply lower Friday lead by IT stocks, after Infosys Technologies reported disappointing guidance. Traders said Indian equities were also hit with sell orders after the government released the Index of Industrial Production (IIP) data, which showed a rise of 3.8% in May vs. a gain of 6.2% in April. Economists had predicted that the IIP would hit 6.5% for May.
Chinese stocks traded mixed on Friday with shares in mainland China dropping slightly over concerns of an economic slowdown, and shares in Hong Kong ripping higher after China's second-largest bank Construction Bank said first-half profits might have soared by over 50% from a year ago. The banks positive comments follow a number of rival banks that also issued bullish guidance in the past weeks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV