Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: July 10
Click here for an archive of Cramer's "Mad Money" recaps.
"Healthcare stocks have nothing to fear," Jim Cramer told viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Thursday.
He reiterated his belief that the healthcare sector is the place to be given the current market conditions. He expects big money managers to flock to the historically recession-proof stocks and advised investors to get in ahead of the rotation.Cramer recommended Hospira (HSP) as his next investment idea in the group. Hospira, he said, is transforming itself from a boring drug delivery and medication management company into a faster growing, higher-margin oncology powerhouse. Hospira was spun off by Abbott Labs (ABT) back in 2004, and after a rocky start, Cramer said, the company is finally starting to gain some traction. The company has met or beat earnings expectations for the past seven quarters in a row, giving it a solid track record of results, he said. Hospira is currently the No. 1 maker of specialty injectable pharmaceuticals, with 17% market share in the U.S. The company also has real potential for growth in Japan, where generic drug use by the government-run healthcare system accounts for only 16% of all drugs used, compared to 50% in the U.S. Cramer is especially high on Hospira's injectable oncology division, after the company's purchase of Mayne Pharmaceuticals in February, 2006. This business, he said, provides Hospira growth that Wall Street has failed to notice.
Cramer: The Tide's Turned for Drug Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV