Nascar Update: Busch Still Has His Buzz
The Nationwide Series and Craftsman Truck Series are the two lower tiers of races, neither as popular nor as widely followed as the Sprint Cup. What makes these races events out from the more popular Sprint Cup is the addition of non-Sprint Cup drivers.
The Nationwide and Craftsman Series are a sort of minor leagues for younger or newer drivers, with the more well-known seasoned drivers often participating alongside. This has created some problems lately, as the veteran Cup drivers are dominating the lesser experienced competition.
The Sprint Cup Series (formerly called the NEXTEL Cup) is the largest and most popular of the three tiers, consisting of the most well-known races such as the Daytona 500.
The Cup Series, as its often shortened to, is a 36-race season with the last 10 races making up the "Chase for the Cup." For these last 10 races, all points totals are reset to zero, but the catch is that only the top 12 drivers in terms of points from the season up to that point are eligible to win the championship. All drivers still participate, so the field remains at 43 cars, but only the 12 highest points earners continue receiving points and are pitted against each other.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV