Race to Find Green Energy
Want to get rich? I mean stinking, filthy rich? The age-old secret was to strike oil, you know -- black gold, Texas tea.
But that dirty, gooey, planet-polluting, ozone-depleting stuff is just so 20th Century, so pre-global warming. What I'm talking about is tapping a gusher of a virtual green oil well.
These days, striking real oil seems to be as difficult as it is expensive, with almost 75% of land currently leased for oil exploration in the U.S. outside of Alaska going untapped. And there are only six companies who control the vast majority of those idle leases.
So if striking actual oil is difficult even for Big Oil, there is little chance that J. Paul Getty's (once the world's richest man, and founder of Getty Oil, which was later bought by Texaco) advice for success can be followed literally today: "Rise early, work hard and strike oil."Ah, but that does not mean Getty's suggestion can't be followed figuratively. If you want to get Getty rich today, then your wildcatting instincts should lead you to one place and one place only -- a place that is in fact the opposite of oil: Green energy, renewable energy, eco-friendly energy -- call it hat you will. But whatever you call it, the fact is ... green is the new green. As we all know, money follows demand. And these days, days of $4 a gallon gas, there is no greater demand than for affordable, renewable, energy. The companies, country, or person who figures out how to bring affordable, renewable, clean energy to the masses will become rich in ways that will make Getty's wealth pale in comparison.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV