REVIEW: Klipsch's X10, X5 Headphones Deliver
As for my take: The X5s and X10s sound similar, but not exactly alike. The X10s, as I mentioned before, provide stentorian bass. The X5s don't reach as low, but let you hear deep bass nonetheless.
As for the midrange tones (where most voice and music exist) it's a pretty close tie. The X10s might be just slightly more accurate in frequency response -- but the X5s are almost their equal -- and in some cases provide a little more punch and a subtle detail boost to voices, brass and woodwinds.
As for the highs (cymbals, and overall airiness of sound), it's close to a dead heat, with the X5s being a tiny bit more extended.
The X5s sound fantastic after only 100 hours or so of use. I've found that Klipsch headphones sound their best after a few weeks of use and breaking-in -- the treble smoothes out and becomes even more extended.As for comfort, there's none better. I find I can keep Klipsch headphones in place longer than any others I've ever used -- and believe me, after an hour ride to work (each way) on a New York City subway -- comfort is just as important as sound quality to me. It probably is to you, too. If you primarily listen to the best-quality, uncompressed portable music files (WAV or Lossless formats), I would go with the X10s. If you prefer lesser-quality compressed files (Windows Media, iTunes, MP3) the X5s might be a better choice. The new Klipsch Image X5s come with a carrying pouch, a two-prong airline adapter, five sets of different-sized ear gels, and a cleaning tool. X5s have a retail price of $249.99 and will be available at select retail locations and klipsch.com. As a bonus, purchasers who complete an online warranty registration will receive a free package of replacement Contour Ear Gels in the size of their choice. The X10s, and now the X5s, are highly recommended.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV