Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: July 9
Click here for an archive of Cramer's "Mad Money" recaps.
"The Cramerican Field Guide says keep buying health care," Jim Cramer told viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Wednesday.
He urged viewers to not bottom-fish the financial stocks, but instead invest in health care, the only sector that's immune to rising oil costs, political fears and slumping consumer sentiment.Cramer said that while the healthcare stocks may not be doing better than they were before, they offer consistent and predictable earnings, which is exactly what Wall Street is looking for. "These stocks allow money managers to sleep at night," he said. Cramer recommended Becton Dickinson (BDX) as another of his favorite healthcare names. The company manufactures syringes, needles and other surgical supplies and also has a diagnostic division. Cramer last recommended Becton Dickinson on April 30, 2006, along with CR Bard (BCR) and Baxter (BAX). While Becton has been the worst performer of the three, up only 3% since the recommendation, Cramer said he'd be a seller of Baxter and would move any profits in that stock into Becton.
Cramer: Wachovia's Survival Plan
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV