Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: July 9
Click here for an archive of Cramer's "Mad Money" recaps.
"The Cramerican Field Guide says keep buying health care," Jim Cramer told viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Wednesday.
He urged viewers to not bottom-fish the financial stocks, but instead invest in health care, the only sector that's immune to rising oil costs, political fears and slumping consumer sentiment.Cramer said that while the healthcare stocks may not be doing better than they were before, they offer consistent and predictable earnings, which is exactly what Wall Street is looking for. "These stocks allow money managers to sleep at night," he said. Cramer recommended Becton Dickinson (BDX) as another of his favorite healthcare names. The company manufactures syringes, needles and other surgical supplies and also has a diagnostic division. Cramer last recommended Becton Dickinson on April 30, 2006, along with CR Bard (BCR) and Baxter (BAX). While Becton has been the worst performer of the three, up only 3% since the recommendation, Cramer said he'd be a seller of Baxter and would move any profits in that stock into Becton.
Cramer: Wachovia's Survival Plan
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV