At Video Games Confab, No Bells and Whistles
At E3, it will be all about playing the games and assessing how they are shaping up, say industry experts.
"I am looking for surprises," says Greenwald, "either a surprise announcement or a game that looks dramatically better or worse than what we have been led to believe."
Here's a preview of what many attendees are expecting to hear and see at the show this year:
Game-console makers Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo are likely to lead with some of the biggest announcements.Industry watchers are widely expecting a $50 price cut for the Xbox 360 from Microsoft. The company could also show some of the big titles it has lined up for the console including new footage of its Gears of Wars 2 game. Microsoft may also give the audience a peek into Halo Wars, its upcoming real-time strategy game that is based on its blockbuster Halo franchise. Bungie Studios, which announced last year that it has split from Microsoft, is also likely to show a new title designed for the Xbox 360, says Shane Satterfield, editor-in-chief of Game Trailers. The buzz in online gaming discussion boards also suggests an Xbox 360 karaoke game called Lips, a social gaming channel and an avatar system similar to Nintendo's Mii. Nintendo's game lineup for the second half of the year is largely unknown. Nintendo is likely to reveal what it has up its sleeve at E3, with one possibility being its Animal Crossing game for the Wii.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV