Southwest, WestJet Ink Code-Share Pact
The carriers expect that either one can check in passengers on the other's flight and that schedules will be adjusted for convenient connections.
Additionally, Southwest.com would become a distribution channel for WestJet flights, even before the connecting code-share is in place. Looking ahead, the carriers may decide to integrate frequent-flier programs, ground handling and cargo delivery, they said.
One difference between the two is that WestJet offers leather seats, increased legroom and live seatback television, so that in terms of comfort it is more akin to JetBlue (JBLU) than to Southwest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV