Small-Cap Winners & Losers: Maguire Properties
Updated from 2:33 p.m. with new stock prices
Small-cap stocks stumbled Monday along with the major indices. The Russell 2000 fell 1.1% at 658.34, and the S&P SmallCap 600 declined 1.1% to 348.19.
Internet Gold-Golden Lines (IGLD) was up 17.9%, or $1.17, to $7.72 after announcing plans to repurchase $21 million of stock. Internet Gold-Golden Lines is an Israel-based company focused on offering broadband data and traditional voice services to residential and business customers, as well as to other Israeli and international communication services providers.
Performing well today, Maguire Properties (MPG) jumped up 4.2%, or 50 cents, to $12.50 on news that a third party approached the company with a proposal to acquire it for approximately $20 per share. Maguire, based in Santa Monica, Calif., is a full-service real estate company operating as a real estate investment trust.Interactive Intelligence International (ININ) was losing ground today as management sees second-quarter estimates coming in below consensus. Management expects earnings of 12 cents to 14 cents a share, compared with the mean Thomson Reuters estimate of 17 cents. Interactive Intelligence moved down 25.6%, or $2.68, to $7.78. The Indianapolis-based company provides software applications for contact centers and voice over Internet protocol applications to enterprises. Furniture Brands International (FBN) was off 9.2% today, or $1.11, to $11.01 after the company was cut to market perform by Raymond James. Furniture Brands is based in St. Louis and engages in the business of designing, manufacturing, sourcing and retailing home furnishings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV