'Fast Money' Recap: Exit Signs
Melissa Lee began CNBC's "Fast Money" by asking, "Are we near the bottom or is there more ahead?"
Tim Seymour mentioned how the ADP numbers released today simply showed the economy is in a weakened state.
Regarding today's market action, Guy Adami says the weakness in the market probably had to do with people nervous that "tomorrow will be very illiquid," since it will be a shortend trading day as we enter the holiday weekend. So Adami said the selloff had a lot to do with people who simply "wanted to get out today."
Pete Najarian said the selloff had a lot to do with the surge in oil in the latter half of the trading day. He said "when oil surged, the market began to drag down and fall apart."Karen Finerman said "coal took a bath today." Najarian said "we've watched coal run, run, run, and today it fell apart." He suggests you do what he has been doing and that is positioning himself with put options so when something like coal falls apart, you are protected. Melissa mentioned she heard from investors that the pullback in coal is simply profit-taking from yesterday's run-up.
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV