'Fast Money' Recap: Exit Signs
Melissa Lee began CNBC's "Fast Money" by asking, "Are we near the bottom or is there more ahead?"
Tim Seymour mentioned how the ADP numbers released today simply showed the economy is in a weakened state.
Regarding today's market action, Guy Adami says the weakness in the market probably had to do with people nervous that "tomorrow will be very illiquid," since it will be a shortend trading day as we enter the holiday weekend. So Adami said the selloff had a lot to do with people who simply "wanted to get out today."
Pete Najarian said the selloff had a lot to do with the surge in oil in the latter half of the trading day. He said "when oil surged, the market began to drag down and fall apart."Karen Finerman said "coal took a bath today." Najarian said "we've watched coal run, run, run, and today it fell apart." He suggests you do what he has been doing and that is positioning himself with put options so when something like coal falls apart, you are protected. Melissa mentioned she heard from investors that the pullback in coal is simply profit-taking from yesterday's run-up.
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV