Petrobras and Vale: The Keys to Brazil's Growth
Editor's note: This was originally published on RealMoney . It is being republished as a bonus for TheStreet.com readers. For more information about subscribing to RealMoney, please click here.
As I mentioned in part one of this series, the economic growth story of Brazil starts with energy and minerals -- more specifically with Petrobras (PBR) and Vale (RIO). Any discussion of this former Portuguese colony is incomplete without acknowledging these titans of industry.
Brazil is blessed with an abundance of natural resources, ranging from oil to iron ore, and understands one important fact -- the world needs more energy and basic materials.
Am I stating the obvious? Yes, of course, but I am constantly amazed at how many companies don't share this same understanding of supply and demand (Exhibit A is ExxonMobil, in my opinion).More important, these Brazilian conglomerates have become world-class institutions with the management foresight and financial savvy to monetize their resource bounty. China Watch: Brazil's One Way In (Video) One way to get in on the action with China is to play Brazilian companies with Chinese connections. Patrick Schultz reveals how we can play one emerging market to play another. To watch the video, click the player below:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV