Sprint's Instinct Looking Good
"Sprint hasn't had a big EVDO phone to compare this to," says Moffett. "They've sold out of the handset in lots of stores, which is clearly good news, but it's far from being definitive. It remains to be seen if sales are sustainable with both AT&T and Verizon reloading with the iPhone and [Research In Motion's (RIMM) ] Blackberry Bold.
Moffett says that if Sprint was indeed seeing churn rates decline, the company's next move should be to solve the problem it has articulating its value proposition to customers. Verizon has used the "Can you hear me now?" tagline for strategic positioning, and AT&T has the ubiquitous position with "More bars in more places," but Sprint has been unable to offer a "best network" strategy.
"Sprint is trying to carve out a more ambiguous position with the 'Now' network strategy," Moffett says. "The value proposition isn't quite as obvious. Why should someone pick Sprint when it's not quite as clear?"
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV