Access Carbon-Trading Market Via This ETN
In the last few days there has been an onslaught of new ETFs and ETNs. The most interesting might be the iPath Global Carbon ETN (GRN), a way to access the carbon trading market.
GRN tracks something called the Barclays Capital Global Carbon Index Total Return. It will have a 0.75% annual fee and will not pay out any interest.
Barclays provides a report on the iPath Web site -- and even if you have no interest in GRN for an investment, learning about the greenhouse gas issue is important.
There is an increase in greenhouse gas emissions stemming from greater use of fuels like oil and coal in the running of businesses and other entities around the world. One solution to this problem is to tax (sort of) companies that exceed pollution allowances and reward companies that do not.
|Click here for larger image.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV