Coming Week: End the Quarter ... Please
Any hopes of window-dressing beefing up the results for quarter-end could be dashed, as traders have probably already done most of what they had on the agenda to close out the three-month period. The week will be only about three and a half days long, with markets closing early on Thursday and staying dark Friday in the U.S. for the Independence Day holiday.
"Trading desks will be thin" during the short week, says Greg Collins, CEO of Fountain Hill Investments, "and that could add to the choppiness and volatility."
The outlook for next week isn't too good overall.
In the bear-market levels registering now, "you've got to sell the rallies, says Bobby Harrington, head of block origination at UBS. "Investors are concerned. You have to keep an eye on redemptions
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV