'Mad Money Lightning Round': Stick With Alliance Resource Partners
To see the full "Mad Money" Recap, please click here.
Here's what Jim Cramer had to say about some of the stocks that callers offered up during the "Mad Money Lightning Round" Friday evening:
Alliance Resource Partners (ARLP): "It could be Peabody (BTU). It could be Massey (MEE). It could be Arch Coal (ACI), which has been one of our favorites. In other words, it is coal. Those are all winners."Philip Morris (PM): Cramer once owned both Philip Morris and Altria (MO) both of which he owned for his Action Alerts PLUS portfolio. "I decided to sell PM. I wanted the yield. ... PM is more of a growth stock. ... It was hard for me to part. ... I do like PM. It's a great buy." Altria remains in his Action Alerts PLUS portfolio. Gerdau (GGB): "That makes no sense to sell. ... I think that Brazil is red hot. ... We're not selling Brazil down here." CBRL (CBRL): "They are doing everything right, and it doesn't matter. ... In the end, people aren't spending." But, Cramer said, "I think this is a great company. They bought a lot of stock back." Oshkosh (OSK): "We like Navistar (NAVZ) on this program. We are not a big fan of OSK. ... That was inexplicable, that miss." Grupo Simec (SIM): I know them. I like that company." But Cramer said his "pecking order" is U.S. Steel (X), then Nucor (NUE), then Reliance (RS). "Every one of my steel companies is on fire. I'd rather go with my three."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV