'Fast Money' Pops and Drops: Bed Bath Above and Beyond
Here's what CNBC's "Fast Money" traders had to say about some of the market's biggest movers on their "Pops and Drops" segment.
Before "Pops and Drops" started, Dylan Ratigan announced that Anheuser-Busch (BUD) had rejected Inbev's bid.
Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) was up 4% to $29.79. Guy Adami says the rise was due to the company reporting better-than-expected earnings. He said there is a big short interest in the stock and that "hopefully you were long it."Davita (DVA) was up about 2% to $53.77. Karen Finerman said the stock looks recession-proof. Novo Nordisk (NVO) was up 3% to $67.85. The company operates in the diabetes care segment. Najarian supports the stock, saying "People are getting fatter; obesity off the charts." Photon Dynamics (PHTN) rose sharply by 31% to $15.15. Najarian said the rise had to do with
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV