Like Lehman Brothers, Show Grit Under Fire
Another day, another investment bank in trouble.
Recently, there has been a lot of chatter about Lehman Brothers (LEH), whose stock plunged amid rumors of major trouble at the investment bank.
While your company may never be the focus of heated commentary on CNBC and the financial blogs (insert sigh of gratitude here), Lehman's troubles offer a lesson to any business facing tough times.
When you're under attack, fight back by taking swift, decisive action. Staying vague and downplaying rumors of weakness will only bring on more scrutiny.In the case of Lehman Brothers, the trouble began as yet more fallout from the subprime mortgage mess that has ensnared countless other banks. With Lehman's announcement that it needed to raise $6 billion in new capital earlier this month, along with its quarterly loss, analysts have been wondering if it's just the tip of the iceberg. Almost immediately,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV