Thursday's Winners & Losers: Goodyear Tire
Research In Motion (RIMM) fell 13.3% to $123.46 after reporting earnings just shy of analysts' expectations as well as a lower-than-expected outlook.For the first quarter, the Canadian wireless company earned $482.5 million, or 84 cents per share, compared with $223.2 million, or 39 cents per share, the previous year. Revenue rose to $2.24 billion from $1.08 billion a year earlier. Analysts expected earnings to be 85 cents per share on revenue of $2.27 billion. For the second quarter, RIM expects to earn 84 cents to 89 cents per share on revenue of $2.55 billion to $2.65 billion; analysts estimated earnings of 90 cents a share on revenue of $2.44 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV