Beat the Street: Back to Airline Shorts
TheStreet.com's Beat the Street contest kicked off another week Monday, with "Redlight" riding to the lead on four airline shorts and one short bet on a mortgage insurer.
The next 49 contestants all had the exact same all-short airlines portfolio for a total of $288,772.03 apiece. The only different stock in their portfolios from the leader's was that they all were short AMR (AMR).
Airline plays -- both long and short -- have been a common theme in the contest.As per the rules of the weekly contest, players will be able to switch one of their five stocks between Tuesday's market close and Wednesday's market open. Contestants looking to research their changes should take a look at Cramer's "Mad Money" Recap; Stockpickr's Beat the Street forum; TSC Power Stocks; and "Mad Money Lightning Round."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV