Friday's Winners & Losers: Medis Tech
Chinese web company Sohu.com (SOHU) shed $11.34, or 13.6%, to $71.96 after the company said the upcoming Olympics in Beijing would be a huge driver for online advertising but ad revenue growth could slow in 2009. This fiscal year, Sohu expects online ad revenue to grow 40%-45% and fall to about 20% to 30% in 2009.
Getting absolutely pummeled in trading action today, Medis Tech (MDTL) was losing 26.8%, dropping to $3.66. The New York-based firm, which designs, develops, and markets liquid fuel cell products geared toward consumer electronics, agreed to sell $29 million in securities.
Yahoo! (YHOO) fell 74 cents, or 3.3%, to $21.99 following reports that more senior executives are leaving the company after a failed acquisition bid for the company by Microsoft (MSFT). The Wall Street Journal also reported that Yahoo! is considering merging its mail, search and home-page divisions into one centralized unit.
Shares of SanDisk (SNDK) fell $2.29, or 9.8%, to $21.15 after a Citigroup analyst cut his rating on the stock to hold from buy and reduced the price target on the stock to $27 from $35. With demand in Asia slowing down, analyst Craig Ellis expects lower product growth in the second half of the year.Highflying ShengdaTech (SDTH) was rising 15.9% to $9.57. The China chemicals company outlined plans to acquire a state-owned chemical company, and Shengda will relocate its existing chemical operations. This move is expected to strengthen ShengdaTech's position in the chemical sector.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV