Beat the Street: Airline Longs Rise
Now it's airline longs that are working for the leaders in TheStreet.com's Beat the Street contest.
Last week's winning portfolio was all short the airlines.
The current leader, playing under the name "Monkey," is long UAL (UAUA), AMR (AMR), Delta (DAL), Northwest (NWA), Continental (CAL) and Agria (GRO), an ag play. The portfolio stood at $306,186.61 at the close of trading Thursday.
In second place with $305,470.35 was "TraderDave," long the same five airlines, but also long DryShips (DRYS).In third place was "MomWoman," long four airlines and biotech Elan (ELN) for a total of $304,720.34. This week, the 11th for the game, saw 4,940 players participate. The top five most popular portfolio stocks were LEH, AMR, DAL, UAUA and GS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV