Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Sirius-XM Merger Inches Closer
Click here for an archive of Cramer's "Mad Money" recaps.
Cramer's optimism came after FCC Chairman Kevin Martin recommended approval of the satellite radio merger.The deal, now one year and 119 days old, has been a point of contention for Cramer, who has argued that the combined entity would be a boon for the companies and consumers. With a photo of the five FCC commissioners in tow, Cramer said the vote will be close with the deciding ballot apparently in the hands of Commissioner Deborah Taylor Tate. He once again ran over his arguments on how a combined Sirius/XM would benefit everyone except the old guard, terrestrial radio. According to Cramer, the issue is not about choice for consumers. In an age of iPods and digital downloads, Cramer dismisses the argument that consumers need two satellite carriers to bolster competition. "This is about whether or not we have satellite radio at all," he said, adding that XM most likely will not survive without a merger.
Cramer: Don't Call XM-Sirius a Done Deal
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV