TSC Power Stocks: PetroHawk Energy
During the week of June 9, TheStreet.com readers searched for the following 10 stocks more than any others. This week, new entrant PetroHawk Energy joins the list as investors seek answers to their questions about the company's recent price action.
Each week, research associate Patrick Schultz makes the Buy, Sell or Hold call on them below, in the order of their popularity.
Top Ten Most Searched Stocks on TheStreet.com
1. Apple (AAPL): Shares followed a classic pattern of "sell on the news" after last week's announcement of the next-generation, 3G iPhone. The near-term trading will be dominated by anything and everything related to the new iPhone launch. Yes, of course, I still think it's a question of when and not if AAPL breaks the $200 barrier, but I am disappointed in shares not hitting the mark before this recent announcement. -- BUY
2. Yamana Gold (AUY): Use AUY as a proxy investment for the gold sector. It is a simple to understand trade --- when spot gold prices are up, AUY shares will trade up. When spot gold prices are down, AUY trades down. Don't overthink it. Further, gold is the primary investment beneficiary of the increasing menace of inflation to global economies. As inflation worries spread, investors flock to gold stocks as a downside hedge. I think every portfolio should have exposure to the precious metal sector, and AUY is a great way to play it. -- BUY 3. Quanta Services (PWR): Our nation's massive transmission and power grid has been neglected for decades and now needs a lot of work and investment. The situation has reached a tipping point at which any additional demand on the grid and system will break it (think blackout of August 2003 here). PWR helps utilities build out this basic infrastructure. Also, Quanta benefits from the growth of wind power generation, as most wind farms are in far-off locales and require servicing from Quanta before the electricity is available for distribution and consumption onto the power grid. And as a final kicker, PWR is the service provider for any damages caused by hurricane season. It provides for the emergency on-location staff that rebuilds storm-damaged power lines and restores power to damaged systems and homes. I would buy this one very aggressively here and look for a dip below $30 to add. -- BUY
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV