Beat the Street: Eight Winners
All winning portfolios subject to verification.
Short airlines was once again the ticket in TheStreet.com's Beat the Street contest stock-picking contest.
Week 10 saw eight people split the $5,000 prize, and all eight had portfolios that were short the same five airlines.
The winning portfolio total was $307,176.81, and the winners were "Angelsyes" (C. Strommen); "Beesley" (B. Beesley); "BeverB (B. Bonaventura); "Comsimat" (J. Lin); "Sarith (S. Chim), "Smile44U" (T. Stetin); "ZRaider7" (G. Jenkins); and "Quest7771" (J. Henry).The portfolios of all consisted of UAL (UAUW), US Airways (LCC), AMR (AMR), Northwest (NWA) and Delta (DAL) Week 10 of the game had 5,512 players. In those players' portfolios were 21,750 long picks and 7,163 shorts. The five most popular stocks in portfolios were Apple (AAPL), Lehman Brothers (LEH), UAL, AMR and Delta. Registered players can go to the Beat the Street Web site and see what stocks the other players have chosen, and all players should keep abreast of the game in the Stockpickr forum. Registration for the next Beat the Street game will begin Friday evening, so if you missed this week, register now to get involved.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV