Beat the Street: Airlines Tie Up Leaders
The leaders in TheStreet.com's Beat the Street contest keep on selling airline stocks this week, and eight players are locked at the top.
Contestants Angelseyes, Beesley, Beverb, Comsimat, Quest777, Smile44U, Zraider7 and Sarith all shorted AMR (AMR), Northwest (NWA), UAL (UAUA), Delta (DAL) and US Airways (LCC). They are tied at the top at $316,901.88.
The players chasing the leaders are also short airlines, so the action in oil and these stocks could determine the ultimate winner among this week's 5512 players who made 21,750 long picks and 7163 shorts this week. In addition, 1353 players took advantage of the opportunity to change their portfolios this week.
Registration for the next Beat the Street game will begin this evening, so if you missed this week, register now to get involved.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV