Health Winners & Losers: Invitrogen
A few analyst actions in the health stocks: Citigroup analyst Lucy Lu downgrade BioMarin (BMRN) to hold from buy and lowered her price target to $37 from $42, after surveying 26 treatment centers on Kuvan, a drug for the genetic disorder phenylketonuria (PKU), and subsequently lowering sales and profit expectations.
The stock traded down 3.3% to $34.47.
Also, HSBC Securities downgraded Novartis (NVS) to underweight from neutral and lowered its price target to $49 from $52. The stock was off by just 8 cents, or 0.2%, at $50.35.
In other health stocks, Lehman Brothers downgraded Lifepoint Hospitals (LPNT) to equal-weight from overweight but the stock was seemingly unaffected, adding 83 cents, or 2.9%, to $29.77.And Tenet Healthcare (THC) added 39 cents, or 7.4%, to $5.69 after Lehman Brothers analyst Adam Feinstein upgraded the stock to overweight from equalweight, citing new contracts and potential growth despite industry hardships.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV