Beat the Street: Leaders Sell Everything
The leaders in TheStreet.com's Beat the Street contest keep on selling this week, and the portfolios are growing accordingly.
Currrent leader MMckinney has a portfolio worth $298,049 thanks to four shorts -- UAL (UAUA), Delta (DAL), US Airways (LCC), Washington Mutual (WM) -- and a buy of the Proshares UltraShort (FPX), so buying the shorts.
This week remains extremely close. The top five is rounded out by NuonStreet at $297,456 and Mchirdo at $297,275, and there are eight players tied at $296,481.76 with shorts of US Airways, Delta, UAL, AMR (AMR) and Northwest (NWA).
Registered players can go to the Beat the Street Web site and see what stocks the other players have chosen, and all players should keep abreast of the game in the Stockpickr forum.
Registration for the next Beat the Street game will begin Friday evening, so if you missed this week, register now to get involved.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV