Beat the Street: Leaders Sell Everything
The leaders in TheStreet.com's Beat the Street contest keep on selling this week, and the portfolios are growing accordingly.
Currrent leader MMckinney has a portfolio worth $298,049 thanks to four shorts -- UAL (UAUA), Delta (DAL), US Airways (LCC), Washington Mutual (WM) -- and a buy of the Proshares UltraShort (FPX), so buying the shorts.
This week remains extremely close. The top five is rounded out by NuonStreet at $297,456 and Mchirdo at $297,275, and there are eight players tied at $296,481.76 with shorts of US Airways, Delta, UAL, AMR (AMR) and Northwest (NWA).
Registered players can go to the Beat the Street
Web site and see what stocks the other players have chosen, and all players should keep abreast of the game in the
Registration for the next Beat the Street game will begin Friday evening, so if you missed this week, register now to get involved.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV