Tuesday's Asia ADR Recap: Focus Media
Shares in India continued to slide lower on Tuesday for the third day in a row as the Sensex Index broke below the psychologically key area of 15,000. Investors witnessed extremely high volatility as bank and information technology shares led the Sensex to its lowest level on the year at 14,645.31, before the index snapped back sharply by 244 points.
Fears of an interest rate hike, political uncertainty and rising crude oil prices which add to already high inflation readings continue to worry market players in the Far East.
"None of these issues are likely to be resolved in near term. And so, further correction in the market seems likely," said Manishi Raychaudhuri, an analyst at UBS Securities India.
The Bombay Stock Exchange's Sensex Index slipped 176.85 points, or 1.2%, to 14,889.25. The Sensex has now lost over 25% on the year since January. Here's a look at how some India-based American depositary shares traded in the U.S. on Tuesday.
China Watch: Try on Tiffany
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV