Best ETFs in Small-Cap, Mid-Cap Space
Shares of Balchem are sitting near their 52-week high as the nutrition products company is coming off of a record first quarter that included a 31.6% increase in diluted EPS.
Taking the High Road
It will be interesting to see if small-cap and mid-cap ETFs are able to maintain their relative strength in the second half of the year. If the broader markets continue to face resistance, this trend could face a correction.
"The small- and mid-caps are a little different from other major market sectors in terms of trend," says Dave Fry, Founder of ETF Digest. "However if the economy weakens further, these sectors, particularly small-caps, will face a tougher road higher since investors will be more apt to avoid risk and high P/E stocks more normally found in these sectors."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV