'Fast Money' Pops and Drops: Bob Evans Bounces
Here's what CNBC's "Fast Money" traders had to say about some of the market's biggest movers on their "Pops and Drops" segment Wednesday.
PopsAmerican Express (AXP) popped 3%. Guy Adami said the company reiterated 2008 guidance. "The stock might go higher, but it'll do it without me," he said.
Disney (DIS) jumped 4%. Jeff Macke said ad sales for the NBA finals may have helped the stock.
Goodyear Tire (GT) climbed 4%.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) added 6%. Guy Adami said a long-ago acquisition seems to be paying off, but he doesn't love the company.Hasbro (HAS) went up 5%. Macke said he doesn't know why the stock went up. Bob Evans (BOBE) soared up 17%. Najarian said profits were up 5% and the company offered strong guidance. Koppers (KOP) ramped up 11%. Adami said he's going to do more homework on this stock.
DropsHovnanian (HOV) dropped 10%. Finerman said the bottom is not here for the company. Go somewhere else to play the homebuilders, she said. Valero (VLO) went down 5%. Finerman said bad data hurt the stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV