Google: Android Phones Coming This Year
We were allowed to get a glimpse of the first official prototype of an Android phone at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, back in February. At that same show, Samsung said that it won't debut an Android powered phone until 2009.
Developers will be able to create programs for Android in a Java-like language that uses special Google-developed Java code. The Android SDK (software developer's kit) was released back in November of last year.
Shares of Google were recently trading at $574.27, down 1.97% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV