What You Can Do to Stop Pet Abandonment
This is a plea not to abandon your pet when times get tough.
We returned home this holiday weekend to find our neighbor's cat, and her litter box, on our doorstep. It appears as if our neighbor moved out. No note; just the cat.
A lot of us will pay dearly for the family pet, and most will say that the expenses are worth every penny -- but clearly, some people aren't so caring with their furry friends.
The cost of owning a pet can add up in surprising ways. The obvious expenses include: food, medical bills, pet-sitting expenses, and routine care. After that, you can add on incidentals like toys and treats. Occasionally, you'll pay for your pet to travel with you, pony up for it to live with you, or incur other unexpected "pet fees."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV