'Mad Money' Recap: Illinois Tool Nails It
Cramer welcomed Michael Sutherlin, president and CEO of Joy Global (JOYG), to discuss his company's stellar earnings call from earlier Thursday.
Cramer last recommended Joy Global back on March 1 and is up a quick 2.2% in the stock. But Cramer wanted to learn more after Sutherlin's raised the company's yearly earnings guidance from $2.96 to $3.22 a share to $3.15 to $3.30 a share.
Sutherlin confirmed that Joy Global is seeing unprecedented demand for coal, copper, iron ore and oil sands, and is therefore seeing unprecedented demand for its mining equipment. Sutherlin acknowledged that some of the rise in commodity prices may be partially due to speculators and hedge fund manipulation, but felt overall, the rise in prices is simply due to increased worldwide demand.Sutherlin also confirmed unprecedented demand for coal being used in power generation. He explained that all natural resources are now in high demand, and Joy Global is helping to get the maximum benefit from coal, oil, and natural gas. Cramer simply told viewers that their opportunity is now. "Pull the trigger," he said.
Sell BlockIn the Thursday "Sell Block" segment, Cramer discussed an entire series of stocks that he got wrong. On Feb. 25, Cramer featured five stocks in what he called an international wireless bull market. The stocks included Mobile Telesystems (MBT), Vimpel Communications (VIP), Millicom International (MICC), Telkom Indonesia (TLK) and Turkcell (TKC). Collectively, these stocks are down 12%, in a period where even the S&P 500 managed a 1% gain.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV