'Mad Money' Recap: Illinois Tool Nails It
Click here for an archive of Cramer's "Mad Money" recaps.
"I'm out to change the way people look at stocks," Jim Cramer told viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Thursday.
He continued to drive home his thesis that traditional "high-tech" companies are yesterday's news, and what the world -- and the markets -- are really interested in are "new-tech" manufacturing companies working to solve the world's problems.According to Cramer, its time to stop embracing the traditional Silicon Valley tech companies in favors of real-world manufacturers that are using technology to generate and conserve energy, bolster food supplies and solve global issues. Cramer said these new-tech companies deserve the higher P/E ratios because of their higher earnings visibility. Cramer said he's not interested in Dell (DELL), which reported its earnings this evening, but he is interested in Illinois Tool (ITW). Cramer explained that Illinois Tool's food packaging equipment business helps process and store food more efficiently, thus reducing waste and helping to feed humanity. The company also has a specialty power business and is increasing its international exposure, with foreign sales doubling over the past three years. Illinois Tool also offers investors great earnings visibility, said Cramer, due to the long business cycles in which it operates.
Cramer: It's Not All Bad
Pride and Joy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV