- The curative process of substituting lost (or written off) capital for fresh capital continues apace and is now almost complete.
- The industry's historic financial (balance sheet) opaqueness is being replaced by renewed disclosure.
- The core banking franchises of deposit gathering and loan originating, which are producing solid growth in net interest income, remain intact.
- The banking industry's competitive position has been enhanced as the non-regulated shadow banking industry labors under high funding costs, funding availability, capital constraints and poorly diversified books of business.
- The banking industry's ne'er-do-well executives have been replaced by competent, pragmatic and more realistic management teams.
Kass: I'm Putting My Money in the Banks
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.