Beat the Street: Leaders Buying Retail
The leaders in TheStreet.com's Beat the Street contest stepped boldly into retail this week, and were rewarded for their efforts in Wednesday's trading.
Currrent leader Rcoon200 has a portfolio worth $278,408 thanks to long positions in Coldwater Creek (CWTR), China Finance (JRJC), J. Crew (JCG), Sigma Designs (SIGM) and OmniVision (OVTI), which Rcoon200 swapped into the portfolio on Wednesday morning.
The top five is rounded out by Alexhmt201 at $274,233, MartyKing at $274,109, LL122393 at $273,907, and Gibby63 at $273,570. Other retail stocks held by the top five include Ralph Lauren (RL), DollarTree (DLTR) and Wet Seal (WTSLA).
Registered players can go to the Beat the Street Web site and see what stocks the other players have chosen, and all players should keep abreast of the game in the Stockpickr forum.
Registration for the next Beat the Street game will begin Friday evening, so if you missed this week, register now to get involved.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV