Beat the Street: Leaders Buying Retail
The leaders in TheStreet.com's Beat the Street contest stepped boldly into retail this week, and were rewarded for their efforts in Wednesday's trading.
Currrent leader Rcoon200 has a portfolio worth $278,408 thanks to long positions in Coldwater Creek (CWTR), China Finance (JRJC), J. Crew (JCG), Sigma Designs (SIGM) and OmniVision (OVTI), which Rcoon200 swapped into the portfolio on Wednesday morning.
The top five is rounded out by Alexhmt201 at $274,233, MartyKing at $274,109, LL122393 at $273,907, and Gibby63 at $273,570. Other retail stocks held by the top five include Ralph Lauren (RL), DollarTree (DLTR) and Wet Seal (WTSLA).
Registered players can go to the Beat the Street
Web site and see what stocks the other players have chosen, and all players should keep abreast of the game in the
Registration for the next Beat the Street game will begin Friday evening, so if you missed this week, register now to get involved.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV