'Fast Money' Pops and Drops: Sweet Hershey
Here's what CNBC's "Fast Money" traders had to say about some of the market's biggest movers on their "Pops and Drops" segment Tuesday.
Hershey (HSY) popped 9%. Pete Najarian said there may be a merger coming down the line.
Darden Restaurants (DRI) moved up 5%. Jeff Macke said it's too early for him to get into casual dining.
Flowserve (FLS) climbed 4%. Karen Finerman said she hedged her long position a bit today.Children's Place (PLCE) jumped 4%. The stock is going higher, said Macke. Polaris Industries (PII) screamed higher by 10%. Finerman said there's 50% short interest in the stock, so she believes today's rally was a squeeze.
DropsThe streetTracks Gold (GLD) dropped 2%. Adami said he'd be scared to be long gold here. China Mobile (CHL) stumbled 6%. Najarian said Goldman Sachs put the stock on its conviction sell list, but he says it has probably bottomed. Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) lost 3%. Adami said the stock went down in sympathy with the ag sector. He said he'd avoid it for the time being. DryShips (DRYS) fell 3%. Najarian said investors should be careful, but he says it might be time to look into the stock from the long side.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV